* Education. Learning new things. Things I’m interested in even if they make me sad, uncomfortable or angry. It’s important to know what’s going on in this world of ours. Besides – how are you going to change things if you don’t know about them?
“Be the change you wish to see in the world.” ~ Ghandi
* Skype or Facetime dates that bridge the gap while we are away. They’re not a substitute for real hugs and wine dates but they’re 100% better than nothing.
* Salt water. The sea soothes my soul. Salt rolling off my skin, soaking my clothes makes me feel powerful. A hiccuping cry, while not even in the ballpark of qualifying for pretty, exhausts me. Peaceful sleep ensues and a new perspective is achieved when I wake.
“The cure for anything is salt water – tears, sweat or the sea.” ~ Isak Dineson
* Husband. I am crazy about him. Crazy in love with him. Have been since (almost) day one. Always will be. Always.
“Where you go I will go. Where you stay, I will stay.” ~ Ruth 1:16
* A good cup of coffee. Made just right with the perfect amount of creme, the temperature not too hot, but not yet tepid. The rich aroma swirling doing it’s best to wake or refresh me. Pure decadence.
“No matter what historians claimed, BC really stood for “Before Coffee.” ~ Cherise Sinclair
* Target. Shirts, shoes, batteries, presents, a loaf of bread . . . what was it I came in here for? Target may be a little brutal on my wallet sometimes but should I ever need anything – it’s there for me.
*Not hitting traffic in the morning when I leave a little late. There’s that window – 15 minutes maybe – and some mornings I just can’t make it out the door on time. I am so very grateful when G-d smiles on me and clears traffic. It prevents my day from going sour before 8am. Always a good thing.
“I’m wanted at the traffic jam. They’re saving me a seat.” ~ Leonard Cohen
* Heated steering wheels and butt warmers. Normally we live in cold states. These items are necessary.
* Taking a really good picture. Getting the camera to act as my eyes always gives me a thrill.
“When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.” ~ Ansel Adams
* This life of mine. It’s not perfect, it’s not neat and tidy but it is mine and I am happy every day that I get to live it on my own terms.